Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Dear....

Dearest ______,



Your most recent mail was just obnoxious. I can only do so much and after much thought and searching I have found that opening up to you does more harm than good. I am looked upon as a lunatic for having feelings about my son having Down syndrome and the way the world reacts to and treats people with disabilities. I dare you to be me for a day and see what it's like. Try dealing with the inner most emotions of raising a child with special needs and have someone on your case about the most infintile things, dragging your husband away from you to do stupid chores while you are home dealing with a toddler and a new baby (with Down syndrome!!), a house that is incomplete, therapies, doctor appointments, the unknowns of the future all while running a house and raising a family. Step into my shoes for just a day and then PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know if the e-mail pity party for yourself needed to be sent to me? Grow up.

No comments: