Sunday, May 4, 2008

Mom Brain!

The boys get baptized on May 11th, Mother's day! The godmother and I are suppose to meet the priest at the church Monday at 11am. Rudy is starting a playgroup, as a peer, Monday 10-12. So obviously there is a conflict here right? It's 11:55pm on Saturday night and I JUST realized it!! So before I forgot I sent both the godmother and the priest a quick e-mail explaining how I am a complete flake right now.

Tomorrow is the MS walk. My friend Rebecca has MS. I think we have known eachother forever, her sister and mine (older than us) are the same age so they went to school together and maybe Girl Scouts too. We knew eachother before kindergarten and were in the same class from K-5. She's pretty amazing, I'm not sure she realizes it though. Anyway, it looks like rain tomorrow and that means we won't be able to go because I can't bring the kids out for a long walk in the rain!

Last night Rudy (and us too) met Riley. Jayson and I met Riley's parents at the Down syndrome resource group meeting last weekend. Riley is 4 and AMAZING! She just recently learned to walk, is super smart, she knows who the speaker of the house is!! I don't know that!! Sometimes her speech is a little uncomprehendable but you ask her to tell you again and she will as many times as you need it. Rudy LOVED playing at Riley's house. I thought for a second he noticed something different about her but he just played away, I hope that acceptance never ends! We can't wait to spend more time with Riley and her family.

I guess that's all for now.

No comments: